Pages

7.24.2012

Brimfield Finds

As many of you probably know, Brimfield, MA holds three multi-day antique shows each year.  This year, Tim and I met up with my Mom and perused the 5,000+ dealer tents.  We went during a scorching hot 95 degree heat wave, but nothing could keep us from trudging through the fields, searching for a good deal.

I loved the industrial looking lighting, but they were hundreds of dollars.  Maybe a DIY project in the future?


This burlap lighting would be fun and simple to make.


 And the only use for these that I could think of were futuristic looking small dog/cat houses...


I ended up leaving with a ton of inspiration for future projects and with a Sunkist grapefruit box for $10.  I discovered that once we got the box home, the little bit of paper that was left on the box fell off, so I applied a coat of modge podge under and over the paper to preserve it on the box.




I also left with an old key for $2.  I love the heart detailing.



Not a bad day! Who's going to the show in September?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...