Here's what I ended up using:
- 1 stick of softened unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup enriched white flour (instead of whole wheat flour)
- 1 mashed, ripened banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of crunchy store bought peanut butter (instead of all natural peanut butter)
- 1 1/2 cups of honey granola with sliced almonds (instead of oats)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I didn't add 1/2 cup raisins or 1/2 cup walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter an 8"x8" pan.
- Mix together butter and brown sugar (I don't have a mixer, so I just did it by hand).
- Mix in flour and granola.
- Mix in peanut butter, banana, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips.
- Add mixture to pan and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!