Pages

4.28.2011

Update: What We've Been Up To

I've been a little distracted lately which explains why there haven't been any new posts.  So what have we been up to?

On Sunday we enjoyed a laid back Easter BBQ with both our families which was a lot of fun.  We hosted the past two Thanksgivings at our tiny, old apartment so we decided it would be nice to have everyone over for Easter in the new house.  Luckily, the weather cooperated with us and we were able to spend lots of time outside.  I meant to take lots of pictures, but between the hosting and hanging out with the family, I forgot.  I did manage to take one of my 93 yr old Swedish grandmother and I on my iphone though.


Tuesday was my 27th birthday and Tim took the day off from work so we could hang out and enjoy the day together.  We went to dinner at Gibbet Hill, a local place.  The restaurant is a renovated 100 yr old post and beam barn and it is set on 80 acres of conservation land.  We sat right next to a window and during dinner we watched the Angus cattle grazing on the rolling hills.



I've also been looking for work in most of my spare time, which means not a ton of time spent on my many projects that have been hanging out in the garage.  I graduated law school last year, passed the bar on my first try, but am still looking for full time work as a lawyer.  Hopefully the job market will get better and I'll find something soon because I'm kinda getting sick of being around the house all day.  The plus side is that I never really had a real break before - I went straight to law school from college and law school "vacations" aren't really vacations because they are loaded with the stress of studying and writing papers.  The time I've had off has definitely given me some much needed relaxation and has let my creativity flow.  I love that I now have free time for creative projects, but I will love it even more when I have a full time job so we will have the money to tackle some bigger projects in the house. 

Here's what I'm working on right now (Pardon the iphone pictures, I'm too lazy to use the good camera):

Refinishing the nightstands:


A project I've just begun with wine bottles:



Refinishing the bar stools:


Victorian chair revamp:



I'll be sure to post as the projects are completed!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...